Monday, February 26, 2007

Unfair Treatment

Sometimes, it seems to be that Louis is the one that is pregnant instead of me. I'm saying this going by how my mom exhibited anxious behaviour over Louis' well-being more than mine, especially prior to him leaving for his overseas trip.

When I first returned to Singapore from my break in the US, my mom made me a portion of bird's nest soup. And since then, that was the only time she made bird's nest soup for me and me alone.

Two weeks later, Louis arrived home and guess what, my mom made another batch of bird's nest and told me to share it with him. And on Fri night, my mom called me on my handphone to confirm if Louis was flying off on Sunday morning? She then explained that she went by the medical hall to buy more bird's nest but as it was the Lunar Chinese New Year period, the medical hall was closed and she couldn't purchase any. She remembered that I took 2 pieces of bird's nest home once and told me to double-boil it on Sat so that Louis could have the bird's nest soup before his trip.

Of course, I whined back to her and lamented that I was the preggie one here, not Louis. To which, she laughingly said we could share the bird's nest after I've boiled it. And throughout my conversation with my mom, my dear hubby was eavesdropping at my side and sniggering away silently.

Geez, I wonder if my status as my mom's daughter has changed to become that of a daughter-in-law after marriage. How the world has change.

2 comments:

Aces Family said...

Harlow eve,

Haha...you are jealous of your own hubby...hee : P

Well, look on the positive side, by taking good care of Louis, ur mom is indirectly taking good care of you cos Louis being healthy means he can take good care of you & BB.

I think when BB arrives, BB will be the GEM in your mom's eyes.

cheers,
astee

jean said...

Hi Eve and Louis,
Congrats on your newborn girl! Rest well, you both will hv many nights of being an owl but your family is now being filled with lots of blessings and joys with lil Faith Tan.

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers