Most friends that we know of who have had 2nd kids professed that they adopt a less hands-on approach towards their offspring for a number of reasons. Or rather, they display lesser anxiety and are generally more laid-back compared to being first-time parents.
That might well be true for us too going by the number of posts we have posted on our #2 so far.
Zilch, nada, zero, none.
After reaching the milestone of the 3rd month, which we could publicly inform all and sundry that we are expecting #2, I had merely updated our profile to indicated that there's a bun in the oven.
So now, I'm about 19 weeks along, or think I'm about 19 weeks cos I keep losing count of how many weeks along am I, and other than close friends, I've not really made any announcement on this blog.
So there you go. Now you know. We are expecting #2 in a matter of months.
Do we know the gender yet, do we have a preference for which and when am I due?
For the first question, we'd probably would be able to find out at the end of this month when I go for my detailed scan around the 20th week. Do we want a boy this time since we already have a girl. Well... I'm not sure. All we are hoping for, given our last experience, is that mum and baby would have a safe and uneventful delivery.
Technically, I'm due on 12 Mar 2010. Owing to my placenta abruptio from the previous time, the gynae is pre-empting that it might happen again. So, we are targeting for me to go for a scheduled c-sect around the 37th week. That would put it around end Feb 2010.
I do hope that with this post, we would be a bit more diligent about our posting. After all, we do not want our #2 to feel neglected.


1 comment:
YEah, definitely AGREED - "Mum and baby would have a safe and uneventful delivery". Boy or girl, we will welcome to the Tan Family with open arms..: )
Post a Comment