Monday, November 17, 2008

What is your name?

"Faith!"

Or rather, she manages to say what sounds like "Faye" in response to us asking her "what's your name?"

I don't suppose Faith is an easy name for early speakers. At 1 year 7 months, 3 weeks and 4 days old, she uttered her name for the first time. We were heading back after dropping my mom home when she said her name in the car.

Pleasantly surprised, I praised her for getting her name right and then I popped the question, "What's your name?"

"FAYE!", came the resounding reply from the back of the car.

Tickled, Louis took his turn to ask her again, "What's your name?"

"FAYE!". This time, reply was tinged with quite a bit of pride at her own little achievement.

She made us play a little game of taking turns to ask her her name and shouting her name in pure delight, giggling every time we praised her for it.

Ahhh... it may seem like such a little thing, yet it made our night for Louis and me :)

1 comment:

therens said...

Jus a top-of-the-head thought:

Faith's pose seems to say "Honey! I'm done shopping for today! My feet are screaming for a massage."

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers