Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Laduree macarons


That's right. These are the real deal straight from Laduree's Champs-Elysee outlet in Paris.

Supposedly, they were to be our anniversary present, compliments of our best man in anticipation of our upcoming 5th year wedding anniversary. I said supposedly becos Louis and I adamantly refused to acknowledge perishable goods for presents ;)

In all seriousness, it was the sweetest gesture. CP's like my "soul mate" when it comes to our love for food. We generally share near-exact sentiments about our likes and dislikes of food, food preparations and even right down to how we like our food to be served and eaten. Even though I've yet to try the renown Pierre Herme's famous macarons, the ones from Laduree were what I used to crow about to him.

He called on early Tue morning to tell me that he's only in town for a short one and a half day and wanted to find out if I've got time that day to meet him. He refused to say why he gave such short notice of his return to town nor the reason for which brought him back.

All becos he wanted to surprise me in person with these macarons from Laduree. Lucky guy took a 2-week trip to France to meet up with his many friends there, travelling from the Northwest to the Southeast of France. Along the way, he had himself many a gastronomic adventures too.

Sharing yet another common soft spot for the "caramel-sel" flavoured ones, he made sure there were 2 of them in the box (out of a total of 8).

Thanks, CP. They still taste great! Louis and I are slowly savouring them.

1 comment:

globeexplorer said...

You are most welcomed.

Perishable goods make nice gifts what... ...

In any case, am glad you enjoyed them. Next time I go, it shall be Pierre Hermes ones.

The little family

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers