
Here's a picture of Faith eating her blueberries. She's turning out to be a blueberry queen these days, going through packs and packs of blueberries. Blueberries are usually very tart but this period, I've noticed that they are actually very sweet and juicy.
I've found that its very convenient to give her blueberries cos they are of the right size for her to put in her mouth. Plus the fact that blueberries are loaded with lots of nutrients and are one the 129 listing of world's healthiest food.
She's developed this rather bad habit of eating though. I'd usually put about 12 blueberries for her in a little dish each time. Faith would take one, bite a little off it and put it down. She would pick another blueberry from the dish, bite a little chunk off, put it down again and repeat with yet another new one.
Once in a while, she would pick up one that she's bitten off and bite off another small bit before putting it back down again. That's how she would go through all the blueberries in her little dish until she's finished with them.
Rather unfortunately, one would also noticed that the size of the blueberries in the dish is about the same size as the red dots on her face.
Yes. They are the result of mosquito bites. Sigh....
She's got all of 5 mosquito bites. All on the face!
Two are situated on the right side of the face, near her ears, 2 that you can see on her left side of the face - one prominently on her cheek and the other just slight under. And the biggest and most prominent of all...
Yep! The one on her nose.
She got the mosquito bites in the wee hours of Thur night. I know becos I woke up and discovered that I'd gotten bitten on my legs too. Faith's bites are all on her face becos she wears PJs that cover her from the neck all the way down, leaving only her hands and face exposed. Hence, one can imagine where's the "logical" point of focus the mosquitoes would choose.
Irony #1
There were notices posted at the lift lobby of our block that the town council would be fumigating the rubbish chute areas on Fri. I was all prepared to put out the mosquito repellents on Fri night and shut the windows.
My mom said the mosquitoes must have some six sense that their death warrants would be signed on Fri, hence, they decided to make a strike one night earlier.
Irony #2
Our little family was supposed to attend a wedding on Fri night. So, one can guess how Faith must have looked at the event, going to the wedding with all of her 5 big red mosquito bites, dotted with pinkish-looking dried up substance as well - which was the calamine lotion that we applied to sooth the itch and reduce the redness.
Irony #3
Its been a rather long interval since she last had so many bites. And its also becos we've been keeping the air-condition on becos of the hot weather. Becos she's down with runny/stuffy nose the past week and also that the weather's turning a little cooler, I had thought it would be best to turn off the air-condition wherever possible and have the windows open to let in fresh air.
Irony #4
I'm not sure if its really a coincidence. The last time she had some rather prominent mosquito bites, it was some time in May this year, around the same time that my younger BIL was getting married. So, I'm not sure if the mosquitoes think it would be amusing to decorate her face with some bite marks at the times that she's supposed to attend weddings.
I'm not sure if its really a coincidence. The last time she had some rather prominent mosquito bites, it was some time in May this year, around the same time that my younger BIL was getting married. So, I'm not sure if the mosquitoes think it would be amusing to decorate her face with some bite marks at the times that she's supposed to attend weddings.
The daddy said he would look into some solutions that we can take to resolve this rather pesky mosquitoes issue. The mosquitoes usually surfaced in our house becos they were triggered by some event e.g. fumigation at or around our block. Hence, the solution would have to be better than the reactive actions that we are taking right now i.e. turning on the mosquitoes repellents only after we've all gotten bitten.
Poor girl. Her mosquito bite marks would take at least a week to recover.


No comments:
Post a Comment