Since Faith had grown her 2 lower front teeth in her 7th month, its been about 3 months of wait while I occasionally check and feel her upper gums for the other 2 front teeth to break through. This morning, I finally encounter something sharp as I feel her upper gum.
Hooray!!! The first of her two upper front teeth is popping out. I hope the other one would accompany it within the next few days. That probably account for Faith's erratic sleep last week and why she's been salivating so much for the last few days.
On another development, Louis and I were rather amused yesterday night by Faith's behaviour when we brought her out to Kiddy Palace in Toa Payoh. This little baby was squirming and fidgeting about in the car yesterday. The last straw was when she started crying when I try to restrain her and get her to stop squirming.
Hence, I gave her a stern look, reprimanded her and put words to action by hauling her car seat from the boot to the back of the car once we parked at HDB Hub. I had intended for her to sit in there on the return trip home. Faith averted and avoided eye contacts with me after that, clinging onto Louis' shirt as I put out my hands to try to carry her.
While we were at Kiddy Palace, Faith apparently got into a slight skirmish with her dad as I was busy looking around for a suitable round ball for her to play with. I think Louis was admonishing her for pulling her socks off her feet several times as we attempt to put them back on.
Shortly after, Louis wheeled her to my side in her stroller, grinned at me and told me that now, Faith wouldn't look him in the eyes. Our little girl has now been scolded by both Louis and myself around the same time that night and had decided to avoid our eyes altogether.
Feeling a little sorry for her and becos we are so used to seeing her smile back at us when we make eye contacts, Louis and I started to do silly antics to try to make her laugh, without much success.
I guess the innocence of babies is that they would forgive and forget after some time. By the time we reached our carpark, Faith was back to normal again, giggling and laughing with us as we tickled her.
With this incidence, Louis remarked to me that he's starting to believe what my SIL had earlier commented about the temperament of Aries babies, i.e. forget about the stick in the carrot and stick approach. They rebel when shown the stick. She should know better. After all, her 2 kids are all Aries :)


No comments:
Post a Comment